1st Supreme Grand Sheik of the Moorish Science Temple of America
Edward Mealy El - Master Adept / Divine Minister
The End of Time and the Fulfilling of the Prophecies
- The last Prophet in these days is Noble Drew Ali,
who was prepared divinely in due time by
Allah to redeem men from their sinful ways; and to warn them of the
great wrath which is sure to come upon the earth.
- John the Baptist was the
forerunner of Jesus in those days, to warn and stir up the nation and prepare
them to receive the divine creed which was to be taught by Jesus.
- In these modern days there
came a forerunner of Jesus, who was divinely prepared by the great God-Allah
and his name is Marcus Garvey, who did teach and warn the nations of the earth
to prepare to meet the coming Prophet; who was to bring the true and divine
Creed of Islam, and his name is Noble Drew Ali who was prepared and sent to
this earth by Allah, to teach the old time religion and the everlasting gospel
to the sons of men. That every nation shall and must worship under their own
vine and fig tree, and return to their own and be one with their Father God-Allah.
- The Moorish Science Temple
of America is a lawfully chartered and incorporated organization. Any subordinate
Temple that desires to receive a charter; the prophet has them to issue to
every state throughout the United States, etc.
- That the world may hear
and know the truth, that among the descendants of Africa there is still much
wisdom to be learned in these days for the redemption of the sons of men under
Love, Truth, Peace, Freedom, and Justice.
- We, as a clean and pure
nation descended from the inhabitants of Africa, do not desire to amalgamate
or marry into the families of the pale skin nations of Europe. Neither serve
the gods of their religion, because our forefathers are the true and divine
founders of the first religious creed, for the redemption and salvation of
mankind on earth.
- Therefore we are returning
the Church and Christianity back to the European Nations, as it was prepared
by their forefathers for their earthly salvation.
- While we, the Moorish Americans
are returning to Islam, which was founded by our forefathers for our earthly
and divine salvation.
- The covenant of the great
God-Allah: "Honor they father and they mother that thy days may be longer
upon the earth land, which the Lord thy God, Allah hath given thee!"
- Come all ye Asiatics of
America and hear the truth about your nationality and birthrights, because
you are not negroes. Learn of your forefathers ancient and divine Creed. That
you will learn to love instead of hate.
- We are trying to uplift fallen humanity. Come and link yourselves with the families
of nations. We honor all the true and divine prophets.
How we Trace Ourselves back to the Founder
The Holy Prophet Noble Drew Ali organized the Moorish Science Temple
of America as a Religious Corporation. As such, this Americanized
Islamic order has a Sufic complexion to its structure. Mostly all
Sufi orders (tariqats) have set laws and rules governing their order
and have appointed certain teachers ("masters" or "sheiks") to
follow who passed down their succession the teachings to those who
seek for truth and guidance. This undying chain of masters (sisila)
can never be broken as it is established upon the five highest
principles (Love, Truth, Peace, Freedom, and Justice) known to man
in the spirit of unity and brotherhood.
Our Lineage (our Supreme Grand Sheiks)
- Bro. E. Mealy EI (Deceased)
- Bro. W. Morris El (Deceased)
- Bro. E. Walton Bey (Deceased)
- Bro. W. Harlan Bey (Deceased)
- Bro. O. Lewis EI (Deceased)
- Bro. D. Bailey EI (Retired Oct. 1992)
- Bro. P. Davis EI (Deceased)
- Bro. E. Braswell Bey (Removed from office on April 10th, 2005 AD. - as per
Affidavit # 0612218011 filed for record: May 2nd, 2005 AD.)
- Bro. D. Bailey El- Present Supreme Grand Sheik
Holy Instructions of Unity
- The gifts of
the understanding are the treasures of Allah; and He appointed to every
one his portion, in what measure seemeth good unto Himself.
- Hath He endowed thee with wisdom? Hath He enlightened thy mind with the
knowledge of truth? Communicate it to the ignorant, for their instruction;
communicate it to the wise, for thine own improvement.
- True wisdom is less presuming than folly. The wise man doubteth often, and
changeth his mind; the fool is obstinate, and doubteth not; he knoweth all
things, but his own ignorance.
- The pride of emptiness is an abomination; and to talk much, is the foolishness
of folly; nevertheless, it is the part of wisdom to hear with patience their
impertinence, and to pity their absurdity.
- Yet be not puffed up in thine own conceit, neither boast of superior understanding;
the clearest human knowledge is but blindness and folly.
- The wise man feeleth his imperfections, and is humbled; he laboreth in vain
for his own approbation but the fool peepeth in the shadow stream of his own
mind, and is pleased with the pebbles which he seeth at the bottom; he bringeth
them up and showeth them as pearls and with the applause of his brethren delighteth
- He boasteth of attainments in things that are of no worth; but where it
is a shame to be ignorant, there he hath no understanding.
- Even in the path of wisdom, he toileth after folly; and shame and disappointment
are the reward of his labor.
- But the wise man cultivates his mind with knowledge; the improvement of
the arts is his delight, and their utility to the public crowneth with honor.
- Nevertheless, the attainment of virtue he accounteth as the highest learning;
and the science of happiness is the study of his life.